A Gift

Monday, April 11, 2016

Sorry, I didn't write last week! We've just been so busy!
Time has just been flying! I can't even deal. Have I really been out here for almost
a FULL transfer. NO WAY.
ANYWAY. Ya'll, this is so hard.... I probably complain too much..
Poor Sister Rowley... #PRAYFORMYCOMPANION
hahaha GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING.
Let me tell you a little something about what General Conference is like when
you are on a mission. SUPER BOWL FOR MISSIONARIES!
You seriously wake up and it's like Christmas morning!
Okay for those of you who don't know what General Conference is,
it's when the leaders of our church speak every 6 months and it's broadcasted!
It's super sweet! Can we talk about how amazing President Eyring even started off
conference! When he took the pause! Me and Sister Rowley were at Mama Tyrell's
house (she's a character, we LOVE HER!) and just looked at each other and were like WHOA.
BUT seriously think about it. During this live broadcast of conference, all the saints get together
and if we are all watching all seeking... all praying TOGETHER.  We are all present with GOD.
HOW COOL IS THAT!???!!! Can't even deal! *cries* during opening prayer*
IT WAS SUCH A POWERFUL statement.
Something else conference opened my eyes to is who I am.
My identity.
Who I see myself as.
But really.
In times of trouble or in trials I should say... whats the first thing we do? PANIC.
Well I do... I start doubting.. fear... all these other things... instead of ... remembering
who I am.
I am a child of God. I have no need to fear. That should be our first response... always.

That, my brothers and sisters, is our eternal identities. We are sons and daughters of a DIVINE BEING!!!  And he WANTS to bless us!

Life isn't fair.. nope it's not. If life was fair you and I would never be resurrected. So you know what? I'm glad life's not fair. I started thanking Heavenly Father for challenges. It's something new I started doing. Because life's not fair, we have MIRACLES!
One day.. we will know why we go through what we go through.. but I can say this

One day, He will wipe away all our tears and there will be no more pain and no more sorrow and we will be with Him.
One day. Hold on to that.
Remember who you are.

These past few days I've come to find that I've been given a gift..
Some glasses, I suppose.
These glasses have given me a new perspective. Their kinda neat...
I get to meet all these people... sit in their living room .. even on their porch..
get to know them.. listen to them pray with them... teach them...
cry with them.... not judge them... LOVE them...
and I get to do all this through my Savior's eyes....
I get to see them the way Christ would.
It's a gift..... looking back at who I was a few years ago...
I don't know if  I would have been able to do this... i would be reluctant to walk into
anyones house... let alone talk to them......
Christ loved everyone... talked to everyone... healed everyone...
I have been given a gift.... even when I am not with these sweet people I meet..
I think about them throughout my day... I pray for them... I hope they are having a
good day... it's just..... they have nothing .. yet when you walk into their home. They want
to give you the world.... I cant .. my heart can't ... and if my heart can't then just imagine how
our Savior felt... when He spoke with people...
I love them. Genuinely love them
I love you all.. I miss you

I pray for you

xo xo
sister sosa.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS