There's a Snake In That Bush

Monday, March 28, 2016


I can't stress this enough....
There isn't enough time in the day especially in Preparation day.
ESPECIALLY during email time.
THAT BEING SAID I'm so sorry that I'm abusing this blog and my emails
and our friendships. I still love you. So much so so much.


ANYWAY LIKE 2 weeks ago we were knocking on a potentials door
(potential= potential investigator of the church) and all of a sudden sister Rowley
looks down at the bush that is like 3 inches away from me and goes
"Sister Sosa, there's a snake in that bush" ... I DIE... well I don't die .. but I literally
freeze and just want to die... and I start backing away and panicking and I start
saying "Sister Rowley I cant, I cant " and I run way hahahahaha.
BUT GUESS WHAT! I DIDN'T EVEN CRY! The only reason I didn't cry
is because I was in total shock haha. But no, we totally booked it.
I then ask Sister Rowley how many snakes she's seen on her mission and she
says 2... -_____- one was dead.... and this is my first transfer. UGH


ANYWAY. So do ya'll remember how excited I was to learn that I was speaking English?
Well I've actually used my Spanish a lot on my mission more than I've been comfortable with..
We were inspired to knock on a door and met a man named David .. he didn't speak much
English but just enough to speak with both me and Sister Rowley both... we told
him about the Gospel and the blessings it could bring to him and his family.

He seemed to like what we told him and kept telling us to go see his wife
We said okay and he gave us her number and address.
We went to go see her and we come to find out
she did not speak any English at all... GREAT -____-
She's nice and tells us she has 10 mins GREAT -___-
WELL, we decide we can do it teach the restoration (the first lesson)
in Spanish with the spirit there.  So she invited us in.
For the first part of the lesson it's just Sister Rowley teaching and me
translating .... awkwardly ... we finally get to the first vision.... and Sister Rowley just looks
at me like it's my turn to teach.... so I start with "jose smith" and after that I don't remember much
until I ask her in Spanish, of course, "Morena, how do you feel right now?"
and she turns to me and says "I feel great, I think it's great that God can answer our prayers." At this point I'm trying my hardest not to cry but I think its happening haha and I feel prompted to ask her to be baptized and totally do and she says yes! Ahhh totally taught that lesson by the spirit !
I THOUGH I KNEW HOW TO SPEAK SPANISH UNTIL I HAD TO TEACH IN SPANISH! So I feel for the homie Elder Evangelista! LET US PRAY FOR HIM!  hahaha


Morena is amazing! Unfortunately we have to pass her off to the Spanish elders because I do not know how to say things like priesthood in Spanish ... but then I learned that the real teacher is the spirit, not us.... I am only an instrument in this great work of my Heavenly Father.


Every night me and my companion play a game. We ask each other what instrument we were that day. One we might be a piano or a trumpet... if you don't answer fast enough, you weren't anything lol. jk... but seriously. The work is so great.


GUYS I'VE BEEN OUT FOR A MONTH + time flies when your boss is Heavenly Father!
On my ONE month I made my companion and I eggs and bacon :P


How was your Easter ?!


MINE WAS TERRIBLE! I was bed ridden. I got a flu and was vomiting! And everything went st8 thru me ! Ugh luckily I have some amazing members in my ward who passed by and brought my amazing companion (who took really good care of me ) an Easter dinner and saltines and Gatorade for me.
So I hope yours was better.


Lets remember what Easter really is about though, shall we?




and here are some pics I promised !


I LOVE YOU ALLLL


WRITE ME :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS